When we talk about Indian cuisine, onion is the key ingredient in any recipe. Ayurveda considers onion as a blood purifier. Onion has multiple benefits for hair growth, skin disorders, and many more which will be discussed further in the section. Here in this post, we will highlight a few of the onion hair pack recipes for your reference.
Benefits of onion
Before creating the onion hair pack recipes let us first take a look at the list of amazing benefits of onion. Onion contains multiple elements including Vitamin B, E, and C, Phosphorus, Folic acid, magnesium, carotene, potassium, sulfur, and zinc. Some of the general health benefits of onion have been enlisted for you so that you gain complete clarity on the same.
- Boosts Immunity due to its high zinc and sulfur content.
- Promotes hair regrowth by boosting the blood circulation on the scalp and stimulating the hair follicles.
- It helps fight respiratory issues by controlling allergies.
- Flavonoids such as Quercetin present in onion help control many diseases including cancer.
- Improves heart health by reducing bad cholesterol.
- Antibacterial properties.
Not only are onions a great addition to your diet but also help your hair by topical application. In order to apply onions to your hair, it is suggested that you extract its juice. Mentioned below is a process of extracting onion juice for hair pack recipes.
How to extract onion juice
Well, the process of extracting the juice from onion is a straightforward one. The process that you will be required to follow for the same has been mentioned below.
- Take one or two big-sized onions and then, peel the skin off. Adjust the amount of the onions according to the length of your hair.
- After this, wash them and then, chop them into pieces in larger chunks.
- Once done, put these chopped onions in your blender to make a paste out of them.
- Put this paste on a strainer or you can even use a cloth (muslin). Extract the onion juice to later make an onion hair pack from the same.
This is all that you need to follow for extracting the juice from the onion. Now that you are aware of the process of extracting onion from the onion, let us proceed further with the recipes.
Here are 5 Onion Hair Pack Recipes
As you have understood how onions can be beneficial for your hair growth, let us know a few of the onion hair pack recipes. The top 5 onion hair pack recipes have been enlisted below.
Onion juice and Aloe Vera
Aloe vera stimulates the growth of hair and also softens and hydrates your hair. Onion helps in preventing hair loss. Hence, when applied together it can accelerate hair growth and prevent hair damage.
- Mix the aloe vera gel and the onion juice together in a bowl.
- Massage the mixture to your scalp as well as to your tips
- Leave the onion hair pack on your hair for an hour
- Wash it with shampoo and conditioner
Onion Juice and Hibiscus flowers
Hibiscus juice when mixed with onion can help prevent baldness and promotes the regrowth of the hair. It also combats dandruff and dryness. The process to make the onion hair pack mixed with hibiscus has been highlighted.
- Grind the onions and hibiscus for making pulp separately.
- Mix these juices together for making a paste. You can also add water if required.
- Strain the extra water through a strainer to collect the pure juice.
- Apply the mixture to your hair scalp and hair.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and then, wash with lukewarm water.
Onion Juice and Curd
Curd when added to onion juice helps to prevent hair loss. If you have a problem with hair loss then, this is the best remedy. The combination of yogurt and onion also boosts hair growth.
- Add five to six tablespoons of the onion juice that you have extracted in a bowl.
- Mix it with thick yogurt.
- Apply the paste to your hair and scalp.
- Wait for half an hour and then, wash off your hair.
Onion Juice and Coconut milk
The combination of onion and coconut will have anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties that can help you promote hair growth.
- Take around three to four tablespoons of onion juice and add it to coconut milk.
- Mix them both properly and then, apply to the scalp.
- Wear a shower cap for around an hour or so and then, wash your hair.
Onion Juice and Neem leaves
Onion and neem juice together will fight hair fall as well as dandruff. The neem and onion hair pack will effectively treat and prevent baldness. It also helps fight mild scalp infections.
- Grind the neem leaves and add the onion juice to them.
- Leave the paste for a while before applying.
- Massage the paste thoroughly and wait for an hour.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water through shampoo and conditioner.
You may also like to read: How To Use Onion And Garlic Juice For Hair
Onion plays a key role not just in the kitchen for food but also helps in hair growth. Hopefully, we were able to provide you with all the information you were seeking in regards to the benefits of onion and how it can accelerate hair growth.