No matter your body shape, it is always important to look good and feel good. And, again, irrespective of the shape of your body, it is always possible to look good if you know what will look good on you. However, that may not be enough in every case. It is very essential to have a clear idea about how to dress a particular body shape and what will make you look good. Here, in this article, we shall take a close look at the top heavy body type and how a top heavy woman can look good and feel good at the same time. To go into details, body shapes are not as simple as they seem. Each body shape has various classifications and we shall discuss them in this article.
What is a top heavy body type?
Before we go into more details and classifications, it is important to know the definition of the term. This body shape is characterised by broad shoulders and bigger bust lines and the weight is centred mainly around the midriff.
Studies show that 14% of the entire female population of the world belongs to this body type. They have busts that are about three or more inches bigger than the hips. How To Get Rid Of Double Chin?
How To Identify Top Heavy Woman Type Body?
The average top heavy woman may belong to three different categories. They are as follows.
- Short and busty- You belong to this type when you are shorter than the average woman and have a top heavy body shape.
- Tall and busty- This shape includes those who are taller than the average woman and have body shape that is top heavy.
- Busty and plus size- This body type is quite confusing and sometimes you may find it difficult to dress as you are both plus size and also top heavy.
Striking the perfect balance
As someone with a top heavy body shape, it is important to strike the perfect balance when you are dressing. Keeping in mind what your build is, that is, slim, athletic, standard or plus size, you need to choose clothes that look perfect on you.It is very important to have a clear understanding of the proportions of your body. In case you are someone with a petite body, you can go for clothes of standard size, that are designed for the average petite woman, given that you have a well-proportioned body.
However, if the last one is not the case, you will have to wear something that will create visual illusion. It entirely depends on the proportions of your body. However, there is no reason to worry as the next section of this article will clear all your doubts about dressing up as a top heavy woman.
You may also like to read: Red Saree Makeup Look Ideas That You Must Know
Looking good and feeling good
As a top heavy woman, your focus should not be on creating a slimmer facade for the upper shape of your body. Your focus should be on elevating your top heavy shape and choosing something that you help you look elegant.
- As a top heavy woman, baggy t-shirts or shirts might be disproportionate on your body. It is best if you go for clothes that are perfectly fitting and you will look really great.
- If you are a petite woman with a top heavy body shape, you can go for pantsuits as they will look really nice on such a body shape. You can also go for dresses, such as fit and flare ones, as they will really balance your look. Wide shoulders straps will minimize the shoulders.
- Since the most important feature of a top heavy body shape is bust, it is important that you are comfortable with your underwear. Always remember to wear a well-fitted bra as it will help you greatly to lift and minimize.
- No matter what the build is, high-waisted trousers always look great on a top heavy woman. Remember to avoid tapered trousers if you are a petite woman.
- V-lines and top heavy body types are a match made in heaven. Remember to fit your chest first. Go for v-lined garments that fit you perfectly and not for the baggy ones. They will provide support to the busy and give your figure an hourglass appearance and you will look amazing!
- Go for dresses and clothes that have all the designs and patterns in the bottom half. Try to keep the upper half of your body neutral. This will really throw the light on the lower half of your body as well.
- A-lines look fantastic on a top heavy body. It is best to avoid body-con dresses that tightly hug your body. A-line dresses will help you balance the top half of your body visually.
- If you are aiming for a dress that will really define your hourglass figure and pop your waist, you should always choose a wrap dress. Remember to avoid boxy dresses.
- Avoid crop tops and always go for wrap tops as they will really help to define your hourglass figure.
- Remember to wear supportive undergarments as they will make you feel comfortable and remember to avoid tube undergarments.
- It would help if you chose lower necklines instead of oversized tops and tees as they look really great on top heavy bodies.
You may like to read: How To Dress For Large Breasts- Look Fashionable Always
Thus, it simply doesn’t matter that you do not have a regularly shaped body. If you have a clear understanding of what will look good on you, you will be able to pull anything off. Thus, dressing up as a top heavy bust woman should not feel like an uphill task anymore