Clove is one of the most famous and widely used spices in India. Clove can be easily found in every kitchen of the house. In India, we also call clove ‘laung’. This is one of the fantastic spices as it has many benefits for our health. You can use it in many ways, one of them is by making clove water. The benefits of clove water range from fighting gastric troubles to soothing toothache. Since cloves are considered to be a remedy for toothache, consumed to boost the body’s immunity, and respiratory problems, clove tea also offers the same benefits.
There are many ways to use it in your daily diet. It is a versatile spice that simply improves the taste of your food items. But the amount needs to be checked before use as excessive use of clove is not suitable for your health. In this article, we will learn the uses and benefits of clove water for our health.
What is clove tea?
Clove teas are a great option used for boosting health. And you can easily make this at your home without difficulty as it only requires two main ingredients. It can be considered the best alternative to tea if you are a tea addict, and it will help reduce tea. Clove tea is super healthy for our body and is considered a medicine that boosts our metabolism very fast. Additionally, clove water is also known as clove tea.
How to make clove tea?
In case you are wondering how to make clove water or clove tea, let us assure you that it is quite easy to prepare and takes 5-10 minutes. Here are some main ingredients used to make clove tea.
- 4-5 pieces of cloves
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Honey (optional)
Once you have these ingredients, let’s look at the steps involved in making clove tea. The process is straightforward, and it’s completely hassle-free.
- Take a vessel and keep it on the stove.
- Now add the water to it and let it boil.
- Mix the clove in the boiling water. Let it simmer.
- Turn off the flame after 3 minutes.
- Now cover the vessel and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Strain in your favorite mug.
- If you want sweetness in your clove tea, you can add honey to it according to your taste. It is entirely optional, depends on you whether to add it or not.
And the best time to feel the effect of clove tea is to drink it in the morning. Only a single cup is more than enough, as drinking more quantity can harm your health. And if you have any undergoing treatments, then consulting a doctor would be the best choice before having clove tea in your daily diet.
Health benefits of clove water
Cloves are grown in various countries across Asia, Africa, Middle east. They have different names depending on the country. Cloves are known as Lavang in Hindi. Cloves in Twi are termed as Pepre. Let’s understand the health benefits of clove water that are highly useful in making us fit and healthy.
- Cloves tea should be taken in between meals. They help regulate your hunger level. Cloves contain a considerable amount of fibre and efficiently manage your hunger.
- As most spices have antioxidants, clove tea also has a good proportion of antioxidants in it that simply helps in fighting radical damage and boosts the immune system of your body.
- Clove has antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiviral properties that are capable of fighting many infections, such as – colds, coughs, and sore throats. And having a cup of clove tea is considered the best cure for this issue.
- You might have seen clove in toothpaste as it is highly effective for curing tooth pain. Therefore, rinsing your mouth as well as consuming a cup of clove tea is beneficial if you face this problem in your teeth. Clove has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce swelling of gums and provide comfort and relief from pain in teeth. Also, drinking clove tea removes all the bacteria from the mouth.
- If you are suffering from sinus or chest congestion, then the intake of clove tea will be considered a healthy beverage for you. You can use cloves for clearing phlegm as it contains some amount of eugenol in them.
- As spices are rich in vitamins, Cloves contain essential vitamins such as Vitamin E and Vitamin K that help fight various bacterial infections. Also, it lowers the temperature of our body too.
- Clove tea helps our body from multiple skin problems as it cleans out the toxins from the body. Also, it heals our wounds quickly and protects us from fungal infections and skin problems.
- Some people use clove tea to clean their hands. It has the same function as a sanitizer. Use cold clove tea on your hands to make them clean. It removes all the bacteria from your hands and is therefore considered a natural sanitizer.
- If you take a lot of stress, try adding clove tea to your diet as it helps lower the strain and provides complete relief. After drinking, you will feel happy as it lifts up good hormones in your body and provides a soothing feeling.
- Most people drink clove tea to get relief from chronic arthritis. Make fresh clove tea and drink it every day post meals. This will simply reduce swelling and joint pain in your body.
Benefits of clove water for hair
Clove water helps growth. You can simply prepare the clove tea and let it cool down. Now use this clove water or clove tea as a hair rinse post hair wash. It will improve your scalp circulation and boost hair growth. Clove Oil Benefits For Skin And Hair-Magical Results
Benefits of clove water for female fertility
Clove water is known to help boost sexual health of both the genders. This means that drinking clove water can help improve fertility of both males as well as females. In herbal medicine there is a belief that clove water may boost ovulation thus improving chances of conception.
Benefits of clove water for weight loss
Clove water helps burn fat and helps weight loss in a number of ways. It helps by suppressing our hunger pangs and hence tend to eat a little less than our normal meal. It is great for those suffering from diabetes or insulin resistance. It improves digestion and helps kickstart our metabolism. Combining regular exercise for 30 minutes along with clove water helps weightloss and you will see fat loss within a few months. Sara Ali Khan Weight Loss Diet Plan and Journey
How to use clove tea?
There is no specific way to drink clove tea; you can consume it anytime without any worries. However, there are more benefits of drinking clove water first thing in the morning. Morning time is the best to drink clove tea as it improves your health and provides you with energy. It helps boost your liver function which in turn promotes fat loss. Make sure not to drink it more than two times a day as too much of a spice can be considered harmful to health Also, consuming clove tea is best, and you will not regret having it because of its numerous benefits.
You may also like to read: 10 Belly Fat Burning Juice Recipes You Should Drink Every Morning
Clove is undoubtedly one of the most common spices in India due to the number of benefits it has on our bodies. Clove tea is made from cloves, and it can be used for many good healthy habits that make our body fit and provide us with enough energy to stay happy. Clove water is so much help that it is excellent to drink at least once a day, and it can become the best substitute for tea. Making and using clove tea is relatively easy, and the benefits of clove water are highly essential for life. Moreover, Clove tea is made from spice, and it is highly essential and beneficial for our human body.